Tanker 49 was requested to a 3rd alarm fire in Millstone NJ as part of the tanker task force. Crews remained on scene for several hours.
Eight-call Monday, beginning at 0443 and ending at 1148
-Mutual aid to South Brunswick, Tanker 49, large mulch pile fire
– Sayre Drive, fire alarm malfunction
– Forrestal Road, contractors working in the building
– Schalks Crossing Road, broken sprinkler pipe
– Research Way, broken sprinkler pipe
– Homewood Suites, broken sprinkler pipe
– Aspen Drive, broken water pipe
– Stults Drive, CO detector malfunction
During the early morning hours of Monday February 16th Tanker 49 was special requested to assist with a large mulch fire in South Brunswick. One would think that it would not be possible to have a mulch fire with wind chills of -14 degrees and a temperature of 1 degree, but it’s possible. Tanker 49 was on location for approximately 8 hours, braving the frigid temperatures with other fire companies. Cranbury Tk 48, Millstone Tk 32-95, East Windsor Tk 42, Monroe Tk 23, Little Rocky Hill Tk 41, and a tanker from Griggstown. In all approximately 318,000 gallons of water was used to put the fire out.
Engine 49 responded mutual aid into West Windsor early this morning, special called by Chief 44 for a smoke condition on Alexander Road.