Firefighter/EMT Employment Testing Announcement
The Plainsboro Fire District is accepting applications to establish a hiring list for the position of Entry Level Firefighter/ EMT.
Starting Salary: $46,163 annually
Benefits: NJ State Medical, Dental ,and Prescription Plans
Schedule: To be Determined
● United States Citizen and an NJ resident at the time of appointment
● Be eligible for enrollment in NJ Police and Firemen’s Retirement System:
● Good health and sound body and can perform duties associated with firefighting
● High school graduate or equivalent
● Be able to read, write, and speak English fluently
● Be of good moral character and does not have a criminal record
● Three (3) years as an active firefighter with a letter from their current Chief confirming the same.
● NJ Division of Fire Safety Firefighter 1
● NJ Division of Fire Safety Incident Management Level 1
● FAST/RIT Awareness and Operations (or equivalent deemed acceptable by the Fire Chief)
● NJ Division of Fire Safety Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations
● Valid NJ Driver’s License with no serious violations (as determined by the District’s policies)
● Pump Operations
● Motor vehicle extrication technician
● NJ or National Registry EMT or Paramedic (with Healthcare Provider CPR) at the time of appointment
Applications may be picked up at the firehouse between 8 am and 4 pm 7 days a week or obtained via email addressed to the Chief listed below. Applications must be completed in full and include
copies of all certifications and required documentation. Failure to provide the required documentation within the prescribed time frame will render applicants ineligible.
Applications shall be hand-delivered and must be received by Friday, June 2, 2023, no later than 4:00 PM in order to be considered.
● Applicants who qualify will be offered the opportunity to advance to complete a physical agility and apparatus driving evaluation – date(s) TBD
● Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a medical evaluation, background check, psychological test, and oral interview as conditions of employment.
Any questions please contact the Plainsboro Fire District attention to:
Chief Matthew Collins email@example.com